As we come to this time of year, I feel its important to reflect back on the past year and to realize just how truly blessed we are with all we have. So, in honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow and the 30 days in November (yes, I did have to take a moment to figure out how many there were), here are just 30 of the many reasons why I am blessed beyond measure.
1. My husband, who never stops making me laugh, lifting me up or inspiring me to be better. Our two years of marriage have had their ups and downs, but I can think of no better person to have by my side.
2. T, the sweetest, coolest five-year old around who lights up my life with laughter and love. Weekends with my boys are my favorite times.
3. My family, who have made me who I am and without whom, I would be lost. I am thankful for my dad, who taught me the values of faith, hard work and integrity. I am thankful for my mom, who taught me love, compassion and the fabulous art of playing cards. I am thankful for my siblings, who are awe inspiring, wonderful people who have made life so much fun. And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for my niece and nephew and the joy that is being their auntie.
5. My 35 under 35 ladies, who have changed me for the better. “You are proof that there are women who will pick you up, tell you you’re great and take you out for a cocktail or four (if you need them).” You are friends who fill my life with joy and with love.
6. My Cobber crew, who has banded together through the highs and lows of college, through the laughter and the tears, and who have stuck by my side long after we took off the graduation gowns. Plus, I’m thankful for the significant others who have joined our crew and become honorary Cobbers.
7. Adam’s family (snap snap … oh come on, you know you were singing it in your head), who have welcomed me in to their family with open arms. I couldn’t ask for a better family to be part of.
8. My job, which allows me to do what I love and to spread the word about just how fabulous the Fargo Moorhead West Fargo community is.
9. Wonderful sisters. To Mollie, you inspire me. I love that I get to be your sister. And to my sister-in-laws (current and future), thank you for making my brothers happy and for taking care of them. You are two of the most awesome women I have ever met. Sam and Daniel, you better realize how lucky you are.
10. Salem Evangelical Free, the church that Adam and I are lucky enough to call our church home.
11. Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity, where Adam and I are honored to serve on committees and the work they do to build decent, safe and affordable housing in our community.
12. My grandmother Phyllis, who taught me what a strong, independent woman looks like and who never stops believing in her grandchildren and the power of their dreams.
13. My stepmom group, who stands by my side through the murky waters that are part of being a stepmom. To Tiffaney, Jenny and Christa, thank you for sharing in the joys and triumphs as well as the hurt and pain of loving your children, “regardless of blood and bone.”
14. Growing up in Pine River, where I was lucky enough to be involved in a number of school activities, to have a fabulous church home and where we’re still lucky enough to have a wonderful support system.
And a few more, where I won’t be quite as long winded:
16. Fall and all things pumpkin flavored.
17. Our house.
18. The fact my whole family has jobs!!!
19. Bison football, two-time national champions (fingers crossed!)
20. Our vehicles, especially my super fancy heated leather seats.
21. Game nights with fabulous friends and bottles of wine.
22. Holiday traditions, including pumpkin pancakes and the Holidazzle lights parade.
23. Christmas music (and no, Adam won’t let me play it or decorate until after Thanksgiving … not cool.)
24. All of my wonderful friends that have blessed me throughout this journey we call life.
25. My one outdoorsy skill: kayaking. While we’re at it, I’m thankful for Adam’s patience in teaching me to kayak.
26. My fabulous co-workers who make every day at the office fun.
27. My education.
28. Food on the table and the chance to try yummy new recipes.
29. Snow (don’t hate me for this one!)
30. Faith in an awe-inspiring God, without whom, I would not have any of the things listed above.
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – Psalm 107:1